Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When the cat's asleep the mice will creep.




I screamed like a little girl.

You would too if you found a mouse less than a foot from your head.
Yup, a mouse on my nightstand eating my very own Christmas chocolates.

I am incensed. I am livid. I am frozen in fear like a bunny rabbit in front of a boa constrictor.

Aren't cats supposed to kill mice for you? What good is having to deal with an animal that is encouraged to poop in the house if you cannot at least let them kill things for you. But, no apparently a 3 pound kitten can't be expected to hunt, capture, kill, taxidermify and affix to the wall one 2 oz mouse.

Well, Lucky for me my frightened shriek woke my lovely protector who proceeded to de-mouse my general vicinity through the fine art of 'slide the book it's hiding in into a trach bag and toss it on the porch for the mouse to escape.'

Thank you my love.

Now I get to turn in my man card and all my flannel shirts to the man advisory board.

Guess I'll look ok in skinny jeans and blouses.

-the dog's cat's person.

2 comments:

  1. And no, i didn;t take a picture of the mouse. What part of 'frozen in fear' isn't clear ?!

    The picture is from wikimedia commons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you look like in your new skinny jeans and blouses! Does your protector get to keep all your manly duds? <3

    ReplyDelete